Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spaz

After a seemingly endless journey across 7 states, Charlie, Leo and I have finally arrived back home in Ann Arbor. The trip was uneventful but long, and I think I speak for all three of us when I say "It's about time". I didn't take any cute pictures of them along the way--that's how bad it was. Well, I guess the trip wasn't entirely uneventful. In Illinois we picked up a hitchiker. Probably most of you that read this blog also read my sister's blog (if not, I highly reccommend it) and are aware that she recently acquired a cadre of kittens. She has been trying to find homes for them, but between helping her neighbor move, starting school, and travelling to China, she hasn't met with much success. Until I arrived that is. Leo was instantly infatuated with the kittens, one in particular. After seeing them play, how could I possibly leave him behind? And he's perfectly comfortable with Charlie, a sure sign he was meant to come home with me. Don't worry, I asked Alex before putting him in the car. He approved, but only as long as he had naming rights. So, until Alex arrives home and sees fit to name our new addition, I will refer to him as Spaz. We arrived home at about 10:00 pm last night. I brought the animals inside and then proceeded to unload the car. Within 10 seconds Spaz had discovered Leo's Kitty Tower (copyright SusMettler). He was trying to make the most of this new found toy which has three fun filled levels. The bottom platform has the ball on a spring, the middle has the catnip dangly, and the top has the beads on a string. He began racing up and down the posts, stopping breifly at each level to bat at the resident toy. This was of course irresistable to Leo who began chasing him up and down the tower. I think they will get along splendidly.



3 comments:

Liv said...

Aaawwww... They're perfect together! I'm so glad you took him... I'm mean for reasons other than the obvious population decline in my own house.

bug girl said...

How exciting. Not only are you back in the blogging world but your kitten is way cute and fun. I hope you all health and happiness and loads of fun.

Lindsey said...

I knew that cat looked familiar. Welcome back from China Suz! I hear your about to be a homeowner, you must post a photo of your house...with your pets on the porch of course...